Parsley is also high in vitamins A and C and best of all your pooch won’t even notice that there are herbs in this yummy treat!
Fresh and fabulous dog Biscuits
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (or 2 tbl fresh chopped parsley)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water (+2 more tablespoons if dough is too dry)
- 1/2 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 150° C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add water and peanut butter. Gently combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Knead with your hands until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Take a rolling pin and flatten out the dough. Use a cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes. If you’re feeling lazy, just leave the dough as is, and bake it like one whole cookie. You can always break them up after they’re cooked.
- Make sure you’re using a non-stick baking sheet or spray
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. If you want the dog treats to be softer, take them out 10 minutes earlier.
If you want a “shinier look,” you can also brush a thin coat of egg whites on the cookies before baking them.
Also see: DIY Dog biscuits
dog biscuit image: shutterstock